|The newest addition to our "fleet"|
In the CSA:
- Golden Beets - These beets are a sweet colorful treat. Because they don't germinate as well as Chioggia and Red Ace when direct seeded in the field, we start these as transplants in the greenhouse first.
- Collards - This dark leafy green is very nutritious. These greens should be cooked and are great in soups or sauteed. You can also try substituting collards in your favorite kale recipe!
- Baby Bok Choi - We took a break from baby bok choi during the hot summer months when the plants don't do as well. With the cooler weather, though, we should have this favorite more regularly available.
- Spaghetti Squash
- King Richard Leeks
- Swiss Chard
- Yellow Watermelon
- Sweet yellow, orange, and red peppers
- Slicing Tomatoes
- Red Potatoes
- Summer Squash and Zucchini- Production is slowing down but we will still have a limited amount available this week.
- Lettuce - may be somewhat limited as we transition from the summer crisp varieties back to the regular lettuce varieties that do better in cooler weather.
- Nelson Carrots
- Cucumbers- pickling and slicers
- Husk Cherries
- Cherry Tomatoes - Very limited amount will be available for picking.
- Hot Peppers - Jalapeno, Serrano, Capperino, Cayenne, Thai Hot
- Dill and Cilantro
Most of what is available in the CSA will be available in the store, with the addition of sweet corn.